Hey Derek, nice playing on 'Stickle' mate, really lovely, relaxed groove. Great feel and who is your bass player? He's not too shabby either!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
This is a great thread.
BTW, my bands website is done and we have a quicktime video of our first performance 30MB. As well as a MP3. They are in the media section. I don't have a direct link as it's a flash site.
www.modulusmusic.net
Enjoy!
Yeah! [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
Hey Derek, nice playing on 'Stickle' mate, really lovely, relaxed groove. Great feel and who is your bass player? He's not too shabby either!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
FlamTriplet,
Are those singles on the kick?!
Heels up or down?
While not into this type of music,
I can still appreciate the precision
and stamina that you have developed
down on the kicks.
Crazy, man!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
Well, I thoroughly suck at drums, but at least I can play fast, heh. More notes = more better, righT? [img]wink.gif[/img]
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/shadowfaxxmusic.htm
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Pete!Originally posted by peter c:
FlamTriplet,
Are those singles on the kick?!
Heels up or down?
While not into this type of music,
I can still appreciate the precision
and stamina that you have developed
down on the kicks.
Crazy, man!
[img]cool.gif[/img]
When playing just regular RLRL over extended periods of time, I play heel up. But I also use my hips alot. If I need to play rhythmic on the feet, then I usually go down to my heel on the right.
If I have spent all my energy during our set, and the singer calls an extra tune, then it's panic time, and I tend to use my whole body.
It's a lot harder to play slower on the kicks, especially with the AXIS pedals. I like using a double pedal like the Pearl or Cadeson for everything else. They get a better whomp on the kicks.
But my band has not done a tour yet. Playing this kind of music on a tour really refines the techniques. I guess this is true of all music.
Anyway, thanks again!
Manos,
Web page says the songs "have not cleared."
Oh... you may have to settle for lo-fi until then. It's not really worth waiting around for =P
Manos. Nice speed, now keep the feet going for more than a measure. Your speed is sprint based, work on keeping it up for an extended period of time. Add a beat at a time, and you will rip.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 10, 2004 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Eaglebeat ]</font>
Nice playing EagleBeat! I like your discipline, only playing what's necesarry.
At the local Place, nice tune! [img]wink.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Bookmarks